SECOND UKRAINIAN LEADERSHIP INITIATIVE
«UKRAINE’S 40 UNDER 40 EMERGING LEADERS - 2013-2014»
The U.S.-Ukraine Foundation in partnership with The Centre for Leadership Development is proud to announce that Second Annual Ukrainian Leadership Initiative “Ukraine’s 40 under 40 Emergning Leaders – 2013-2014” has begun.
The nationwide Leadership Initiative «Ukraine’s 40 under 40 Emerging Leaders» (hereinafter – The Contest) is a unique, annual Ukrainian-American initiative of the U.S.-Ukraine Foundation in partnership with the Centre for Leadership Development. The goal is to identify and to provide future informational and educational support to 40 emerging leaders under the age of 40 from throughout Ukraine who are both demonstrating leadership within their profession and making significant contributions to the development of the broader community.
PROGRAM PARTICIPATION REQUIREMENTS
Individuals who are:
• citizens of Ukraine and Ukraine-based;
• young leaders aged 25 to 40 (as of December 1, 2013 );
• capable of demonstrating leadership skills and potential;
• are successful and have achievements in their professional field; and
• can provide references / letters of support from colleagues and partners;
• demonstratate individual social responsibility beyond their professional obligations.
Applicants may represent any governmental, non-governmental or commercial professional area of activity (e.g., public administration/politics, health, business, civil society, education and science, arts and culture, human rights and gender equality, sports, IT, PR, journalism, community development , etc.).
STAGES OF THE COMPETITION
The selection process will occur in several phases:
1. Nomination. This phase will last from September 2, 2013 to October 16, 2013. Potential candidates must be nominated through an online submission form (doc) (see Appendix 1 - Nomination Form) or by completing the electronic version of the nomination form (on the bottom of this page).
· the following e-mail addresses should be used to submit the nomination form electronically: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
· the nomination form can be completed in either English or Ukrainian.
2. Registration Process. From October 16 to October 25, 2013, nominated candidates must complete the Questionnaire sent to them by the organizers (Appendix 2), and present their work in the form of a Leadership Success Story (Appendix 3).
The Questionnaire and the Leadership Success Story must be submitted in English only.
3. Selection of 40 Finalists. From October 25 to November 5, 2013, the Selection Committee will determine the final 40 based on the submitted documents. Winners will be selected based on the following criteria (points from 0 to 5 ):
- Demonstration of leadership skills and potential (including: strategic thinking, communication skills, flexibility, teamwork, professionalism)
- Level of innovation
- Personal achievements and impact on the organization/region represented by the nominee
The outcome will be based on the total number of points received from the overall assessment of the experts on the Selection Committee.
The Initiative will try to ensure maximum regional and gender representation.
4. Training Leadership Development Program for the 40 winners in Kyiv. A three-day training program, to be organized by Center for Leadership Development in November 2013 will focus on the development of key leadership skills among the finalists. The registration fee for participants will be 1,000 UAH.
5. An Awards Ceremony Will be Held in Kyiv with the presentation of Leadership Success Stories (November 2014, right after the completion of the Leadership Development Program).
6. Public presentation of the Second Annual 40 under 40 Emerging Leaders Initiative including the announcement of the six best participants of the Leadership Development Program at the “Ukraine in Washington 2013” International Business Conference and Gala in Washington, DC (December 12-13 2013).
7. Training Internship for top six program participants of Ukraine under 40 in the United States (September 2014).
8. Informational and analytical support for the finalists and the development of a network of young Ukrainian leaders by the Center for Leadership Development.
• Anatoliy Tolstouhov, of Special Adviser to the Prime Minister of Ukraine;
• Ambassador William Miller, Senior Fellow, Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars; Co-Chair, Ukraine 2020 Culture and Education Task Force; former US Ambassador to Ukraine (1993-1998);
• Ambassador John O'Keefe, Executive Director, Open World Leadership Center, Library of Congress;
• Marta Farion, President, Kyiv Mohyla Foundation of America, Co-Chair, Ukraine 2020 Culture and Education Task Force;
• Nadia McConnell, President, U.S.- Ukraine Foundation;
• Markiyan Bilynsky, Vice-President, U.S.- Ukraine Foundation, Ukraine;
• Yuliya Solovey, Program Director, U.S.- Ukraine Foundation;
• Yuriy Yekhanurov, President, Institute for a Competitive Society;
• TimofeyMotrenko, Vice-President, Institute for Competitive Society
• Olga Horunenko, Director, Center for Leadership Development
• Oleksandr Kapitan, Deputy Head of International Cooperation, Energobud Consortium; Honorary Head of the Union of Youth Organizations of the Vinnytsya oblast; finalist of Ukraine’s 40 under 40 Emerging Leaders - 2012-2013
ORGANIZERS’ CONTACT INFORMATION
- U.S.-Ukraine Foundation
in Ukraine : +38 (097) 985 2851
in the USA: +1 (202) 223-2228
Contact: Yuliya Solovey, Program Director
- Center for Leadership Development
tel : + 38 (044 ) 361 07 85
Contact: Nicholas Karplyuk , Deputy Director